Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's etc.

I am glad that I read the ring first.... I was really in a sour mood earlier, but now that I have seen so many lovely quilts & read so many stories, I feel better!

I was "off" becasue while Michael & I had a lovely dinner out, he reacts to stress differently than I and so the "date" was highly un-date-like if that makes sense. I guess that is one of the things that we will need to learn about each other as we are about to embark on this crazy marriage journey.....

I had a lovely piece of Tuna (leftovers for lunch, YIPPEE!) and Michael had Salmon. Tuxedo Strawberries for dessert - instead of the coconut cream pie that I was tempted to order. :o)

I was tight and in pain (more than I have been for the past few weeks, but not as bad as when I started.) for PT today, apparently my stress comes out quietly through my body - I get itchy too. I do feel better now, but not 100%.

We got a gift certificate to Williams and Sonoma any advice on how to spend $50? (W&S is a very expensive store & I don't want to buy food or soap or towels...) If you actually reply THANKS SO MUCH! I am stumped & would have rather gotten a gift card to one of the stores where we registered.... The La Crueset is a lot less expensive there as is the cuttlery.

Tonight I am going out with one of my bridesmaids - last single gal hurrah of sorts. I am spending the night since she lives north of Baltimore and parking in my neighborhood is a challenge after 6. Michael will be away with his family until the wedding, so this morning was probably the last time for me too see him until the bag day. (I may see him tomorrow if the timing is right to pick up some wedding gifts so I can deliver them to our storage locker.)

Hopefully next year I will have a hearty quilt photo to post for the holiday. I have seen several lovely ones! & I do want to make one for myself.... (I may even know the pattern!)

16 comments:

Deb R said...

Try checking out the gadget wall at W & S. They have some really well-designed and sturdy things like measuring cups that won't tip over and measuring spoons that fit correctly into spice tins and that sort of thing. It may seem like a strange way to spend $50, but really, these are some wonderfully-designed, heavy-duty pieces that you'll still be using and loving on your 50th anniversary.

Oh, and a micro-planer to zest citrus! Seriously, Amy, you NEED a mirco-planer! I got mine at a W & S store.

cher said...

they often have great sales and their pans are the best...really!

Happy Valley Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Happy Valley Quilter said...

I love the W&S heat resistant spatulas. They're great for stirring things in the skillet.

"Bag day"?! Was that some sort of a Freudian slip? lol!
Kairle

Jules said...

I love the fun bundt cake pans at WS. I have a few of them. Theyh also have a really great pepper mix that I use in my pepper mill. I love their spatulas, like Kairle said. They also have a great set of plastic mixing bowls that I get for a lot of people as presents. They come in lots of different colors that go with the really nice rubber scapers. My absolute favorite WS thing is my salad dressing cruett with the recipes printed right on it. You just pour in the ingredient up to the line. It is really cool. I love WS. I am very dangerous in that store. You could also check to see if Pottery Barn will take WS gift cards. I know they used to and they are owned by the same company.

Samantha said...

Debr is right- W&S has great gadgets. Also, you could splurge on some yummy cookbooks, a huge weakness of mine.

Hope you feel better ASAP.

Patti said...

I'll add my two cents - I love Williams Sonoma for kitchen gadgets. Their's are made better than anyone elses I think - they will last for years. I love the hand crank grater I got there for parmesian and other hard cheeses - just like they use at the Italian restaurants around here. I second Deb's comment about the measuring cups and spoons. They also have several great cookbooks. You shouldn't have any trouble finding some really neat stuff for your kitchen. I'd LOVE a gift certificate from there!

Barb said...

W & S is the bomb, girl! Geez, just for herbs de provence and fleur de sal (or whatever that stuff is called). I would be in heaven with that gift certif. Do they have any cooking classes? That would be fun. Or put it toward a really amazing item like a food processor or something.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My first though was a ceramic fondu pot for chocolate (no big surprise since I just tried this and love it), but alas, they don't have one. Then practical me thought - an electric frying pan - I use mine ALL the time and absolutely love it. You can cook your meat, rice and vegetables all at the same time (just don't take the cover off to peek or your rice won't cook right). But, it is $100. Still - 2 great items for another store if you get more gift certificates. If I were you - I would buy a really good paring knife or maybe the next size up. These are the 2 sized knives I use all the time and I think it is money well spent to have a knife that will last forever! You got lots of other good suggestions though... Have fun!

Cheers!

Evelyn

martha in ny said...

I love the gadgets there. Or you could invest in a really good knife! I got their garlic press and peeler and my daughter got me their bread cook book which has the BEST recipe for banana bread and muffins.....

Jeanne said...

Best wishes with the wedding, Amy!
We'll look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Hugs ~ Jeanne

Cathi said...

For my wedding I got one Williams-Sonoma item...I use it every week and it still looks new: a spaghetti pot...big stainless steel pot with insert for draining spaghetti, plus a colander that fit in there for draining veggies or steaming veggies...and a glass top...don't know if it still one of their items, but I brought it over from the States and still use it all the time here in Ireland.

Holly said...

Hey, thinking of you on your special day - it's sunday, right? Can't wait to hear about the wedding and see pictures.

JudyL said...

Amy: There are so many things at W &S that I love. If you like Calphalon pots, they have several griddles on sale right now for a great price. As Debra said . . they have great gadgets. They also have neat serving dishes and glass bowls that are not just ordinary type dishes.

Thinking about you this weekend . .

Judy L.

Linda_J said...

No suggestions about the W & S gift card but thinking of you and your big day. Congrats to you and Michael.

debby said...

Best wishes on your marriage.