Thursday, February 23, 2006

Since I asked for advice...

Since I asked you guy for advice on how to spend my Gift Certificate at Williams & Sonoma, I figure I should tell you how I used it....
I bought an alligator and a Salmon cookbook (that I can't find to hyperlink).
We also used our Sears gift cards to get a digital camera. (We took my father's advice and chose one that uses AA batteries instead of a "special" battery - just in case something happens and you can't buy another special battery. And one of my friends got us a photo stick that goes with this camera as well as the one that we registered for... :o)
Enough on that so that this post does not sound like a laundry lisdt of things got and bought.... But I had to tell yall that I finally got a digital camera & how we use the GC that I asked about.

Hopefully I will be able to upload a photo real soon....

7 comments:

Jules said...

Well, now I need an aligator... Have fun with the digital camera. Get the biggest memory device you can afford. And I second your dad on the AA batteries. My new one takes them (my old one was ruined when it got wet in a rain storm) and it makes life so much easier.

Nancy said...

Your dad was 150% right about the camera batteries! My first one used the "special" one. They don't last long and are EXPENSIVE! My current on was bought specifically because it used AAs. I buy them at wal-mart where you can get a big pack for about the same price the one special camera battery costs.

Jeanne said...

We got a rechargeable battery thingie -- AAs, but I don't have to keep buying them, I just trade the tired ones for the charged ones. It was worth the initial expenditure of about $50 cause I take LOTS of pics! :)

Vicky aka stichr said...

I agree with everyone on the batteries...and now to something different....When I saw the word 'alligator' I pictured the large one with holiday lights on it that you would see in the yard....LOL {was on a blog around the holidays, to funny!}

martha in ny said...

I am so glad you finally got a camera!!

martha in ny said...

Alligator is also good for sliced and chopped eggs! and pickles for potato salad!

CQ Girl said...

As one who loves to take digital pictures, besides the extra memory, get lots of batteries for where you can't use rechargeables. Like on a cruise or such. Otherwise, get the charger and rechargeable batteries! They save you a fortune!