Monday, February 13, 2006

Quickie

Photo courtesy of Fons & Porter....
1. My birthday Gift Certificate to a LQS finally got here today. (it was mailed on or about Jan. 25) I could have walked there and picked it up quicker than it took the USPS to deliver it. So now it is a Valentine's gift. When I was told about it, I was going to get huge hunk of a light batik and a huge hunk of a very dark batik with which I was going to make a Fon's and Porter scrappy batik tumbling blocks quilt (shown on my blog) so I could use some of my strips and scraps.... Now I want to make the pink quilt from the current American Patchwork & Quilting magazine (seen on Finn's site - scroll down it has the yellow background - in a different color way - that also piqued my interest)...

2. We got 10 inches of snow and all I can say is thankfully it happened this weekend. (6 days and counting till my wedding next Sunday!)

3. I am finally back to cutting for my I SPY quilts! And a public THANKS for those who have sent charms or big scraps. :o)

2 comments:

Passionate Quilter said...

I love that quilt! Is that in a current Fons and Porter? Hmm, I have lots of batiks leftover from other quilts..I think I see another quilt on the horizon!

My very best wishes to you on your upcoming wedding. What a wonderful time. Take time to enjoy EACH moment.

YankeeQuilter said...

I really like the scrappy tumbling blocks...I thought of you when I saw the weather reports! Glad it hit when it did. Best wishes for the upcoming weekend!