Friday, February 10, 2006

Puppies!



Just a few things, this is a faux log cabin (original design by Billie Lauder). In her directions, you use fae few fabrics, but I like them scrapy! When it was done, quilt was made from stash!

Some of my lights are a bit too medium, some of my darks are a bit too medium too.... This quilt was made for a dear friend who loves dogs, so there are doggie fabrics as well as a cat fabrics & crabs and lobsters too. I did an off center barn raising for the setting of the blocks - I only wish that the blocks were finished smaller so that the pattern could be more dramatic... Know what I mean?

And yes, ladies, those are Mini Daschund puppies pictures! My dads dog had another litter. (Judy, do you see Speck's twin?) he is not a "breeder" but he does own a fully functioning pair & the little boy got through the diaper. (I am going to have to tell dear old dad about crates.) Yes, he does sell the puppies...

The rest of the JCPenney story. We sent a letter and got one in reply expressing appologies and included a $25 JCP gift card.... Better than nothing I suppose.

One final note - we are expecting snow in the Washington DC area tomorrow and Sunday. To which I say, "What the H@ll?" Can't I get a snow day? & There had better not be a repeat next weekend...

9 days and counting...

8 comments:

Pam's Creative Mind said...

Love the offset logs, fun way to use your stash.

Mary said...

I think the mediums look good thrown in with the lights - less predictable that way.

Good job stashbusting.

Barb said...

Of course, I have to say I love the doggie fabrics AND the cute pups!

Linda_J said...

reds! what a neat showcase for your stash. 9 days to go--I would be a nervous wreck!

JudyL said...

Amy, forget the quilting part of that post . . those puppies are adorable!! I want the one that looks like Speck!

Judy

Laurie Ann said...

Ahhhhhh .... thanks for the puppy pictures. I can just smell the puppy breath from here. Yummmm....

quiltpixie said...

owwww puppies.... if they wouldn't be a snack for my indoor cats I'd love one!!

Vicky said...

Oh, man, those doxie puppies! I think Daisy needs a little sister!! LOL They're beautiful!!