Thursday, February 02, 2006

O fer crying in a bucket

Or something clever like that....

Our gifts have started to arrive. This is a good thing. (We are even almost caught up with the Thank You cards - an even better thing.) However; a new JCPenney SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fouled Up) has arisen... Apparently, if a gift is shipped from JCPenney to us, we get a note on the invoice like this: "Ordered by: ______" Yay, now I know how to thank for the lovely gift. On the other hand, if it is shipped from the Factory, Oneida, for example there is no "Ordered By: _____." So we are left saying, "Who sent us this lovely silver serving set?" Our answer, we have to call JCPenney and ask them, "Who sent this, this, & this? Since I ordered two of those, how do you know which one was sent by whom? Etc." Yes, I am ready to pull my hair out!

This reminds me of my back.... (As if I could forget the almost constant pain.) I went for my fist Physical Therapy session yesterday & left feeling better than when I arrived. YIPPEE! I then went for my yearly OB/GYN appointment and that was even o.k. I was concerned based upon the position that one needs to take to get the test done. Everything looked normal & "No news is good news."

I have a funny aside about the "No news if good news" remark. When I moved to Maryland to go to college, I had a job at a grocery store. One of the regular customers was Dr. Q., one of the cashiers used Dr. Q. and had nothing but nice things to say about her.... So I started to go to Dr. Q. as well. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Q. as well. Two years ago, one of Dr. Q.'s Daughters (Dr. L.) was in the office with her mom - doing the "tests" (no problem...) The following year, I go to one of the "branch offices" and am seen by Dr. Q.'s daughter (DR. Q. does not go to the branch offices anymore) again no problem. Yesterday, I was seen by Dr. Q.'s other daughter... It was so funny - she has reviewed my chart and started by introducing herself as Dr. L.'s sister. (Dr. L. was at the hospital delivering a baby.) I also now know that Dr. Q.s' youngest son is in residency to be an OB/GYN as well. (The oldest son is a dentist.)

Back to my appointment, when Dr. L. (2) said that if something is suspicious I'll get a phone call and a letter. If not nothing. I said, "I know, no news is good news." She said, "Yah, that sounds like my mom."

Since I took the day off for my appointments, I ran by a quilt shop and spent one of my birthday gift certificates - I bought backgrounds. I wanted a dark light - light medium to go with the Moda pack that I got as a gift. (The jury is still out on whether or not I am happy with any of the ones that I chose.)

I then took some of our gifts to our storage locker... Bad move - I tweaked my back... I felt better after rest & I informed Michael that I would not be lifting the gifts any more.

An aside about the gifts - I now have JCPenney's calling me verifying that we received gifts and that we know who sent what...

Today my office gave me a "shower" and we ate out at the Cheesecake Factory - definately not on my diet, but I did choose well (Tuna and salad greens). I got another Sears gift card, I think I am 3/4 of the way to the digital camera! :o) They also gave me a turkey baster, because during another "eating out" (We don't need an excuse & my hips are proof positive of that point) experience we discussed different uses for Turkey Basters - someone used it to get the water out of a broken Dishwasher another guy used it to siphon out brake fluid, etc. One guy said that there are "delicate" uses too - I'll let you use your imagination on that one.... But that is the "reason" for the "gift."

Sorry to blab on so long, but I started, left, and came back to this blog over the course of my day! (Tomorrow I have to catch up on blog reading!)

I need to try to get some pictures taken on my throwaway camera, becasue I think I got some cute kitty shots that I want to share! How is that for a teaser?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

WOW Amy...your life makes me TIRED! Enjoy this whirlwind called "MARRIAGE PREP"!!! It is fun!
Hugs
laurie