Thursday, February 23, 2006

I almost forgot

I also kind of asked (more just thought about out loud in type) about how to spend my Quilt shop Gift Certificate - I bought the fabrics to make the pink cover quilt on what I think is the current American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. I will mix in fabrics from my stash, but I bought quite a few tone on tone fat quarters and yardage for the back and for the binding.

While out with Vanessa, I let her talk me into making a bed size quilt for her - she bought the fabrics, but I bought some of my own - for the quilt listed above and some novelties for my I SPY quilts, some bright TOT fabrics to use as star points in my charity quilts that will go with my stash of white, tan, cream, light backgrounds, and I got some pink & blacks to go with the Loralie fabrics - pieced back if nothing else... I am addicted... (And going to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival on Saturday - where I "may" spend more money on fabric - specifically brown and/or burgundy....) Anyone else going? I know that Mary is going, but our time there will not intersect, she luckily does not have to attend on the weekend...

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Aaargh -- peer pressure! I've been doing so well, but there's a fat quarter set calling me ...

Laurie said...

Amy,
Thank you for sharing pics of your very special wedding day! I have been wondering how it went! It looks like it went well! CONGRATS!
Hugs
Laurie

Marilyn said...

Now why did you have to include that link to Loralie Designs!? Those are just too cute and I may just have buy some fabric. And I was doing so well.

Marilyn

Mary said...

Hi Amy, I got home late this afternoon. Did you enjoy the quilt show? I was disappointed that there weren't more traditional quilts. My favorite was a simple brown and pink 1/2 square triangle quilt but liked one by Janet Fogg a lot too.

I didn't go too crazy but did end up buying 3 fat quarter bundles, a quilt book, a fabric calculator, the curved piecing foot, and a quilting book. Ok maybe I went a little crazy.