Monday, February 27, 2006

How to post about a quilt show?



I know getting one of those "web shots" would probably be easiest, but I shall post them when I want and include any close ups - so I can say why I like the quilt or just why I took the photo.... In that vein, this quilt was not part of the juried show, rather it was in a special exhibit where a guild took a common phrase and made it into a quilt - you can read the phrase for this one on the close up. ("If the shoe fits, you bought it at Nordstrom" - was another) But I like this quilt for the color choice - two of my favorite shade/values - and the applique on a pieced quilt. It reminds my of an Apron that Barb did that you can see on her blog, Lemon Apron.

12 comments:

Happy Valley Quilter said...

OH, YUM!!! It makes me want to go add a squeeze of lemon (or lime) to my diet Coke!
Kairle

quiltpixie said...

The colours really are great on this one. I t was great to look back through your blog and "catch up". I trust you thoughly enjoyed your wedding and bliss has resulted.

dot said...

This is such a bright inviting quilt. I am not a yellow person but I think I could live with this one.

Sandra said...

What a lovely zesty quilt! Great idea and colours :-)

Sharon said...

And LOOK! There's ric rac, too!

Jeanne said...

These colors just say SPRING!
Those kitties are dear!!! (I'm a little behind on reading)
Jeanne :)

Jeanne said...

ha -- I meant YOUR furbabies! The cat quilt is cute, too.
Jeanne again :)

Patti said...

I can almost smell the tangy lemon smell from that quilt. What a great composition!

Mary said...

Amy, I liked this one too.

debby said...

What a great quilt! How big is it? (Just imagining a HUGE lemon applique).

Passionate Quilter said...

love it! no wonder you took a picture of it. And if you think about it, it's a very simple quilt. But the yummy colors are great!

Barb said...

Thanks for the plug! Now I just need to figure out how to do permalinks, so just that one post can be linked. It's a question on my blog right now, so hopefully someone will give me advice. My mom and I are on the quilt run this week that I just posted about. Super inspiring, and gives me a boost to get sewing. I too want to buy too many kits though.