Tuesday, January 17, 2006

UGH!

I knew it was bound to happen.... I have "slumped." My underlying goal of 2006 was to do something quilty everyday. I don't feel as though I have. But as I tried to type specifics I remembered that yesterday, I met a fellow quilter at Jinny Beyer's shop & purchased 2 fat 1/8th of "cat fur" fabric. I followed up that minimal purchase with a "I Spy" binge at G-Street Fabrics. (So if buying is quilty - I did something quilty yesterday.) On Sunday, I met my mini-group and pressed a top and back so that I can send them out to be quilted! Pressing is definately quilty! I also made a fabric purchase - I had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket - I bought a back, so it is not all bad.... However, I brought Pandora, the featherweight, and she did nto even leave her box.... Working backwards, that brings us to Saturday... Did I do anything quilty on Saturday? (I don't recall.) And Back to Friday - I don't recall. On Thursday, I did stitch some of my hanging sleeve...

I really need a dose of motivation - Hopefully my swimming tonight will not tucker me out too much.... (I don't need another excuse!)

I hope you guys had a more quilting filled holiday....

BTW Judy's Corn and Bean salad was a hit, but quite a few gals asked that I refrain from using the cilentro next time. I also made a "Poor Man's Pie" Not sure why it is called that, but it is SUPER easy!

Poor Man's Pie
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 large can of fruit or pie filling (I usually use the 29oz can of sliced peaches)
1 stick butter or margarine
milk
9x13 pan
Put stick of butter in pan and melt in a 350˚ oven. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add enough juice from canned fruit and/or milk to make batter (about the consistency of cake batter, but it might be a little frothy). Pour into pan over hot melted butter. Do Not Stir. Spoon fruit or pie filling over top of batter and butter. Do Not Stir. Bake at 350˚till deep golden brown, about 30 minutes. Good warm or cold.

10 comments:

Deb R said...

I bet I would've liked the cilantro. I think it's one of those tastes you either love or hate - hardly anything in between. The poor man's pie sounds good!

Your shopping trip sounds fun.

cher said...

I always use cilantro too-so again you could put it as a topping to be added next time...you will get quilty energy soon I am sure! Cher

Laurie Ann said...

Yeah, you either love it or hate it. I happen to think cilantro tastes like soap. Gack!!! :)

Barb said...

I like cilantro, but it took awhile to acquire a taste for it. I'll definitely try the pie. It reminds me of those 'dump cake' recipes, where everything just goes into the pan, and boom, done. Or there are some cake recipes (pudding types I think) where you poor hot water over the lot and then bake it. I love trying new things.

JudyL said...

Amy, I love cilantro but didn't use to like it all. I think I might just make the poor man's pie tonight. Sounds yummy. It is cold and raining/snowing and something warm and fattening sounds good! :)

Yes . . buying fabric is definitely quilty!

Judy L.

quiltpixie said...

It sounds like you're getting lots of quilty stuff done, little bit by little bit it'll add up. Hang in there :-)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I think you need to start a "vacation quilt fund" - set a daily amount of TIME you want to work on your quilting - and if you go over - you get that time as a credit for your vacation account. I mean - you ARE going to take some time off for quilting for the wedding and honeymoon, right??? I can't tell you how many times I will sit down to sew for 15 minutes after the baby is in bed and am still at it an hour later!

Thanks for the recipe for Poor Man's Pie - sounds good!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Sharon said...

I think you can count any of the things you mentioned as "quilty". I even count devoted "THINK" time as "quilty." You won't always be able to have your machine or your hands available, so shopping for fabric and looking at quilty things and thinking about designs all count, too!

tambo said...

lol


Hey! That's my recipe! ;)

It is tasty stuff.

Scrapmaker said...

I can't imagine NO cilantro, but then I grow it in the garden. You can use the leaf and the coriander seeds later. On the side is a good choice if people don't like it.

You are making me hungry with that "Poor Man's Pie" recipe. Looks plenty rich to me! Jen