Saturday, January 14, 2006

Three Day Weekend!

I first, I hope all of you enjoy the Martin Luther King Holiday! I hope it is a quilty one!
I plan to run a few errands in a few minutes then off to make Judy's Corn & Bean salad (They will get the "joke" - corn and beans is a traditional quilt block.... Dear Fiancee' did not "get it.") for my mini-groups sewing & eating session. (I hope to sew a bunch on my rail fence quilt....) and on Monday in the morning I am going to Jinny Beyer's Studio to meet a fellow quilter for the first time - The internet really is a small place!

Happy quilting!
Amy

7 comments:

Jules said...

Thanks for the link to the salad. It looks really good, and would be great to take for teacher appreciation lunch, etc.

I got the joke. You can tell your fiance that I actually thought you were making a quilt with the corn and beans block using salad novelty prints at first.

Jeanne said...

Have a fun day! The name joke will be fun,and the salad sounds delish!

Laurie said...

Amy,
have fun with your friend at Jinny Beyers...too cool!
Hugs
Laurie

cher said...

perfect quilter's food! have a great 3 days of fun..Cher

JudyL said...

Amy: Hope you enjoy your day off and the visit to the quilt shop with your new friend.

Judy L.

Cathi said...

Hey! That Jinny Beyer's studio is a popular place for meeting internet friends! (I met Amy there over a year ago, LOL, as my family are from the DC area and I'm there often enough...or was till they decided to move next year to the west coast!!)

Hope your 3 day weekend is still going great!

Samantha said...

Hope you are having a great 3 day weekend! Sounds like you have fun plans!