Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sn*w & I SPY

Well It certainly does not feel like snow & I don't recall any weater prognosticators mentioning snow, but when I look out the window of my corner office (YES, I do to have a corner office... Becasue I am quiet and don't "bug" the boss with my phone calls, radio, etc. - Everyone has a wall of windows - but I have two) I see flurries. I even rubbed my eyes to make sure. We won't have accumulation and it can probably be blamed on the wind, but it is January & we have snow - how is that for normal? (Party cloudy & the sun is bright - so this too shall pass.)

My dad was right - mark it on you calendars.... I admitted it and it is true. He has quite often said, "No one can read you mind, if you want something you have to ask for it." I did and many of you are going to send me some I SPY charms. Thanks so much!

Here is the skinny on the charms = 5 inch squares. Small scale or large scale, adult or childish - the more adult the better, etc. all are o.k. - but I already have enough "Holiday" prints... These are meant to be more generic.

More info.? I am make 4 twin sized I SPY quilts. Each one has a minimum of about 250 charms. (About 1000 total) with two of them, haveing 2.5 x 5 rectangles in addition to the 5 inch squares. (I am cutting small scale prints in half for those - or where in my stash I have a visible easily identifiable part that is not whole - I am using those. - i.e. the head and part of the body of a walrus.)

So anything is o.k. (I hate to admit it, but I probably have enough cats... In the back of my mind I am hearing, "What if they have oldies that you don't have?") Any animals (dogs, birds, fish, etc.), food stuff, transportation, buildings/tools, sports, music, medical, space related, African, Indian, Australian, etc. Any colors, values, styles, etc. SUPRISE ME! & be sure to let me know what I can send you in return.... (Some of my novelties... Abstract cats, Catberry- many varities, dressed up cats, cats on chairs - in yellow, "helper" cats, you get the idea? I also have non-cat stuff.)

Oh yeah, I have about 700 of the 5 inch charms (? the rectangles, becasue some of the 5 inchers may be cut in half as necessary.... this is an evolving project) cats with surf boards, cats weraing walk men radios, cats on quilts, cats driving cars, cats in kimonos, etc. & the backgrounds - teal, peachy orange, yellow and blue.

What if I get too many? Is there such a thing as too many? I can always make another quilt.

The final note on this subject for today.... I pledge to make 1 charity quilt for every dozen charms that are given to me. (The star fling pattern will be used for the charity quilts. Because I have trimmed a ton of my novelties into 3.5 inch squares too.)

5 comments:

quiltpixie said...

Oh I so have some charms for you... I can't imagine making an I spy quilt anytime in the next 10 years... but you know I keep buying these charming fat quaters with cowboy boots and the like...

Deb R said...

It's trying to flurry a bit here too. Bleah. I know it's that time of year, but still..bleah.

Email me your snail mail addy and I can send you some charms but it'll probably be next week before I can get to it, ok?

cher said...

looking forward to seeing these ISpy quilts Amy...and will get my charms into the mail very soon.

Samantha said...

I have some srious scraps leftover from 3 I-spys i made a few years ago. Interested, even if I don't cut them into squares and just send you hunks, cause I'm lazy?

Vicky aka stichr said...

I have some novelties also if you need more. Give me a ringy-dingy....e-ingy dingy???
LOL