Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Birthday

Thanks for the Birthday wishes and the get well wishes. (And the charms....)

Yesterday started out really nice (no pains in my back) but I got a heavy gift in the mail and tweaked it again.... With that said, I was not so bad that I could not bake a cake (Thanks for sharing the recipe - DebR) and go out for sushi. :o) But I can only take my medicine when I know I am in for the night.... So right now I am feeling the pain.....

On Sunday, I had another bridal shower & the word is officially out, I want gift cards to Sears so I can get a digital camera! (I am between 1/2 and 2/3 of the way there!) I also got some more towels, a cookbook, a romantic book & a satin robe.

If any of you are looking for a career change or have kids that are wonding what to be when they grow up.... may I suggest Physical Therapy. All of the Sports Medicine/Physical Therapy places around here are too busy for new patients. I have been calling around trying to get seen for a few days....

6 comments:

Deb R said...

You know my theory - as long as you have cake it has to be a halfway decent day. :-)

Sorry to hear your back got a little worse, but glad to hear it didn't interfere too much with your celebration.

Nancy said...

Happy (late) birthday, Amy! And I'm sorry you're still having problems with your back. I have spinal stenosis which causes a lot of back/leg pain, so I know what you're going thru. I also take muscle relaxers 3 times a day. I have to take 1/4 or 1/2 during the day or I can't function mentally and save the whole ones for nights and weekends. Sure hope you get over this soon especially with the wedding so close.

JudyL said...

Amy, I've been behind reading blogs so I missed your birthday and didn't know you had hurt your back. So, here's my belated Happy Birthday and Get Well wishes!

It's hard to do anything and enjoy it when the back hurts so I hope you're feeling much better really, really soon!

Judy

Jeanne said...

Well, I'd say you need TOTAL PAMPERING between now and the wedding so you're in tip-top shape :) Seriously, take care!! The cake sounds delicious, but of course chocolate always does!

Laurie said...

glad you are feeling better amy
hugs
laurie

Patti said...

Sorry my happy birthday is late - sounds like you had a nice day in spite of your back. Sending lots of positive get well thoughts your way.