Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Baby quilt


Last night I trimmed more novelty nickels & sorted them once again. (I have more to trim & I am swapping some so I still have not started to sew on the stretched star...)

Here is the quilt for my cousin Cheryl's second baby. We do not know the sex yet, so I used a neutral yellow for the border. This is a charm "I Spy" quilt. Squares are an easy charm & I like easy. Since we do not know the sex, I tried to use both masculine and feminine images. I also used a lot of Aunt Grace, because to me that type of fabric says, "baby." I guess that is becasue it is generally pastel and dainty. The daintyness also make it a great candidate for "I Spy" quilts. There will be quite a few in my own "I Spy" quilt even though I do not care for that style of fabric.

In the other photo, you are actually seeing the binding and border of Kassidy's Star Fling quilt, but I used the same binding on both quilts. I really love to use stripes as binding. The pink & blue one here works so well with both of these quilts.




I let Linda play on this quilt, too. and as you can see this one is not heart filled like the last one. In addition to sharing the same binding, these quilts also share the same backing, a pink flannel with cats and a pink flannel with poodles. (The store did not have enough of the cats, so I included the dogs.)

I hope the baby & the babies momma enjoy this quilt.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh this is going to be a wonderful quilt for the baby to grow up with! He/She will always have fun looking at all the fun things in the blocks! It is really cute!

Deb R said...

Very cute, Amy! I love "I Spy" styles for baby quilts.

Nancy said...

I like that I Spy. I'll have to remember that the next time I need a generic baby quilt.

Bonnie said...

The quilts are great Amy! You did a wonderful job, and Linda did great on the quilting...

Bonnie

Scrapmaker said...

Great quilts Amy! Wow, you really get things done! I really like the "I Spy" center for the star quilt. Jen

Rosanne said...

I'm looking forward to someday making baby quilts...but not too soon! Yours are just precious; lucky babies!! I live in Stafford, just off of I-95. The friends I work for handle paperwork for international adoptions, so on the days they need me I'm in D.C. to the State Department and various embassies/consulate offices.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous quilt! I especially like the stripey binding. I forget I have a box of stripey fabric and will get it out and use it. Looks fabulous.

JudyL said...

I am sure the baby and the mama will LOVE the quilt!

Judy

Finn said...

good job Amy, really a pretty baby quilt. I'm sure the mama and baby will love it..*VBS*

Barb said...

Excuse my ignorance here, but what exactly is a 'charm' quilt? Is it quilts made of small squares? Why do you gravitate to these? I'm curious.