Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks

As you might have noticed - my math is often off.... Thanks Evelyn AKA Starfishy for setting me straight on the size of the alternating squares.... I invariably make those kinds of mistakes.....

So after reviewing several comments and my own list I have come to the following purchasing guideline....

My stash is lacking backgrounds..... I am thinking that the 30's solids can be used in 30's quilts and with other novelty prints, something I have a lot of.....

2 yards of a gold/gold Oriental for a Jacket... It goes perfectly with the body fabrics & the fabric that I already got for that purpose will look better as a background for piecing or applique anyway - too creamy for a yoke.
4 yards of each solid 30's - so I can make blue/pink and yellow/green stars, & borders
about 9 yards of the eggshell 30's for the Irish Chain background, border, & binding
2 yards of the black & white cat stripe..... :o)
1/2 yard of the black & white Escher cat print :o)
2 yards of a black & bright print for binding on a HUGE quilt Black and bright Jacob's Ladder quilt. (Mine is similar to the one in Pat Speth's Nickel Quilts book only by background is scrappy too.)

That really sounds like too much...... In reality I will probably purchase a lot less.... Who knows.... This isn't an order form. & aside from the cat prints, they are backgrounds or they have a specific project lined up for them....

Update on the current star quilt... I cut border pieces last night - I am going to do the piano key border very scrappy and fairly pink.

I also cut 30's last night - so I can use some in this border....

2 comments:

Finn said...

Sounds like a good plan Amy, do write it down, so you remember, what goes where when you get to those specific quilts tho...you're going to be a very busy girl between now and Feb..*S*

Laurie said...

Sounds like a super plan! Let us know how it works out!!!
Laurie