Saturday, December 03, 2005

Purple & Orange



As you can see here is yat another tiny photo... I am posting this to show my purple and orange quilt. I found the novelty print (Koi) in the sale bin at a LQS and loved it, couldn't believe I missed it when it lived on the full price shelves... Then I got lucky and found several "go withs" also in the sale bin and rounded those out with a few from the regular priced fabrics.... I am not sure what my original plan was (Probably YBR) but I ended up doing Billie Lauder's Faux Log Cabin. Mine is an off center barn raising. The backing is a Laurel Burch flannel that goes perfectly with the top as is is one of the blotchy ones whose blothches are orangey on purpley... This is an anomoly quilt for me - no cats and no Judaica prints...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Amy,
It looks NEAT! I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!
Laurie

JudyL said...

Amy: Surely there's a cat on there somewhere! :)

Love those colors!

Judy L.

Finn said...

Neat color combination Amy, and as I discovered in Nov. a new favorite for me..*G* Like that log cabin..!