Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Many of you will recognize this pattern.... Lucky Stars
If I had it to again, I'd have used the white as the background, but "Done is Better Than Perfect." You might notice the multi-colored binding - that is the back as well and it is a funky Noah's Ark like print. The animals (including a pair of dinosaurs) are in pairs but there isn't an Ark or a Noah... Which is just as well becasue with the repeat you end up with several Noahs and several Arks. Sorry no back photo and no close-ups - I have already "pushed my luck!" It lives in my office which is why I have the photograph, one of my suite mates (Co-workers) took the photo with his digital camera for me! :o)

It is 100% flannel and I quilted it (You can resume breathing!) on my friends Pfaff. It is only SID, but it is flat! & Done! & brighter in real life. & A pretty good representation of my style. (No cats, but there are cat foot prints.)

8 comments:

Deb R said...

THat looks so warm and cuddly, Amy. When I do traditional patterns, stars of any and all kinds are my favorites and I love scrappy, so this one is very appealing to me. :-)

Laurie said...

WOOHOO...another bright quilt! Gotta love 'em!
Hugs
Laurie

Laurie Ann said...

I just love all flannel quilts. They are so so soft! Say, have you seen the new Robert Kaufman Hip Critters line. It has the coolest cat fabric in it in pink, turqouise, and purple. I know you like cat fabric like I love dog fabric. I found these cool poodles and then saw the cats and they are great!!

quiltpixie said...

I love the white right where it is! Keeps the overall quilt energetic and "in motion". Way to go!

Jeanne said...

Cheerful, scrappy, bright, cuddly -- just the way a quilt should be!

JudyL said...

Very pretty Amy and congratulations on doing your own quilting! I have seen quite a few quilts made from that pattern and they are all so pretty.

Judy

Lucy said...

Ohh I love this pattern and also the colors. It looks soooo cozy

Sharon said...

Everytime I see a Lucky Stars, I fall in love with them all over again. They're all the same, but all so different - how can that be? LOL!

I'm glad you didn't use a different color in the background - this one is just right!