Grab a beverage - mine is hot water....
Run down on my long weekend away....
1. We had more snow & I did not fall down, but I forgot to bring shoes to change into after weraring snow boots out side. My feet do not like my snow boots, so I was walking funny & now I have a compensation injury in my thigh (After pulling the muscle on the botom of my foot!) It is just a few sore muscles....
2. I passed my test 90% - don't tell the teacher was not supposed to grade it in class. And again I thank hime for coming in early so that I could take the test. The test was originally scheduled for 8:30, but that got pushed back to 10:30 becasue of the snow. The teacher and I arrived at 7 - with our traffic that was for the best for both of us. Add the gal who arrived close to 8.
3. I did my "dry run" hair and make-up for the wedding & I am satisfied. (No amount of make-up & Hair spray will make me look like Cindy Crawford!) The roads were only wet when I drove to the make-up lady & when I left they were drying out!
4. I went to Baltimore to run an errand at the bank and then stopped at CVS to get "Bathroom Basket" goodies. (Do you know what that is? It is a basket with feminine products, harispray, mints, asperin, cough drops, nail files, first aid kit, etc. - Just in case! I know I only carry a tiny bag to weddings & many of those things do not make it into my bag...) I also finally got my passport photos taken. :o) (Have I mentioned that I have a procrastination issue?)
5. Made it to my girlfriends house - took her dogs for a walk, and waited a few minutes for her to get home so we could go get a manicure.
6. We got dressed & had some time to kill, so we played with the fabrics that I brought to audition for a "Window Pane" jacket. (It is hard to describe - so you'll have to wait for a photo - don't hold your breath!)
7. We went to her offices holiday party & a good time was by all. The food was even edible. Open bar was a treat, but 3/4 of the things that I would have liked were not available. They had free tarot card readings.... Not something I would pay for, but it was fun to do for free! I don't remember the specifics, but it was all good!
8. On saturday, I added borders to two small tops (The 30's charm, that grew out of its charming phase - like a teenager... & The new baby quilt that is charming, but not in an all 30's way... All novelties though!) Then I came to a crux....
9. I CUT & SEWED THE TABLE RUNNER IN ABOUT 3 HOURS! Why did I procrastinate on that?
10 I packed those 3 and the stars quilt off to be quilted - quick! :o)
11. Yesterday was my mini-group day to sew-n-tell. I finished piecing my "Bricks" blocks ("Bricks" is a rail fence variation.) Now to do the math for the setting triangles and to piece the top. (We also ate and exchanged gifties.)
12. That is where I have been and what I did!