Friday, December 02, 2005

Diet....

I need to go on a diet..... The wedding is stressing me out and so food is finding my mouth.... Any advice? I guess sitting and sewing isn't muh help either.... With that said, I worked on an older project during my time off today. (Yeah, after I finished my test at 11:30, I was off for the rest of the day.) It is a "Summer" quilt - the background is 1/3 sand, 1/3 water, & 1/3 sky with brights... The pattern is similar to Pat Speth's "Beach Party" quilt in More Nickel Quilts - her title gave me the idea. I now have my 1/3's pieced together - just need to join them. I had the "blocks" done for quite a while. BTW The back will be a "Bonnie back" - 10.5 inch squares sewin together - all of those squares are "beachy" novelty prints.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Amy,
Best advice for losing weight...WATER WATER WATER! And throw in some exercise! Eat lots of fruits/veggies and make sure you have protein because it sticks with ya longer.

Losing weight is brutal...because unlike alcoholics who can remove the alcohol from their environments, we cannot take food totally out of ours. A person doesn't need alcohol to live but we do need food!

HUNGRY? Drink an 8 oz glass of water, wait 30 mins and if you are still TRULY hungry...TRULY hungry...eat something healthy!

JudyL said...

Amy: The holidays and stress of the upcoming wedding have to be hard on an effort to lose weight. Listen to Laurie . . she's a champion at losing weight.

Maybe we should come up with a goal . . if we lose "x" number of pounds, we can buy fabric! :)

Good luck!

Samantha said...

I did weight watchers in between kids, and it worked miracles for me. They also push WATER WATER WATER... And have some other good strategies. Also, I thrive on feedback, so having people clap for me when Ilost a pound or two was good for me...