Wednesday, November 23, 2005

wedding/cats


I was going to do a wedding post, but I need to wait for the digital negatives to share an engagement photograph. So I decided to share a photograph of my cats instead. On the left is my boy, RB (Rhythm & Blues) Arb when he is in trouble. Rhapsody is my girl. They are both Tonkinese. The Tonkinese blends the best features of its ancestors into one beautiful, medium-sized cat that is remarkably dense and muscular. Whether appearing in the coat pattern of its Burmese predecessor, with sparkling gold-green eyes, the pointed pattern of its Siamese ancestor, with glittering blue eyes, or the “mink” coat pattern seen in the show ring, with its unique aqua eyes, the Tonkinese is an intelligent, gregarious cat with a sense of humor. These cats are firmly convinced that humans were put on earth to love them; these are the cats that know they belong.
(I got that information from http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/tonkinese.html)
RB is a retired show cat, so he is "breed standard." Rhapsody is a retired breeder, she has a burmese face & siamese color points - both traits are needed to keep the breed healthy, but neither traits are accepted for showing. I got her when she was 4 so she was not overbred. They are both now altered. FYI pricewise it would have cost more to get a kitty from the local animal shelter.
Later I will share a quilt that I made inspired by them.

No comments: