Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I'm blogging

Please be patient with me, this is my first foray into blogging. I have been lurking in many blogs for a while now& have seen some cool things - Not that I have a clue how to do any of them myself.... (I like elipsis, it kind of means I could say more but why bother). I have told many people that I will get a blog after I get a digital camera. Guess what I don't have a digital camera yet! But I have digital photographs from other sources that I can use on my blog! (Serious DUH! moment.) I type in a rather stream of consciousness style - good bad or indifferent, I am trying to give back story while stating what I am thinking, ususally before I have thought it completely through. As an example, when I start with a question - I may end up aswering myself! But you are more than welcome to comment/respond to my questions.... My answers are rarely set in stone. (Especially when we are talking about quilts!) I am a scrap quilter and rarely follow the rules....
While it is my intent is for this to be a quilty blog, it will also be my only blog (And I will have enough difficulty with it, without adding another & another...) so I will invariable chat about my cats & all of their cuteness & other things on my mind... (Luckily quilting is a major thing on my mind.) But so are my fiancee and soon to be wedding! That is normal, I have been told - I am a bit kooky (Colorful) or so I have been told!

Any helpful advice on the blog (does blogger have spell check - my fingers seldom hit the key I tell them to hit - or they hit in the wrong sequence) with my quilts, cats and other stuff is welcome! As are blogging & quilting lessons!

5 comments:

sunshine said...

Amy:

You'll do fine! Glad to see you blogging . . now go out and get that digital camera! You're surely going to need it for the honeymoon! :)

Judy L.

Finn said...

Hi there...good to see you finally did it ! Welcome to blog land...I look forward to seeing your quilts...Congrats, Finn

P.S. Saw you Calico Cat name over at Judy's new Stash slashers...good for you, I'll be there soon..*G*

Barb said...

Yay Amy! I'm doing fine without a digital camera, so it can be done. There's an edit feature on blogger, so you can change wording and correct errors and just republish. I do it all the time. Or you can save it as a draft and post later. So much to learn. Do you know how to do the links yet? The hyperlinks? Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Tonya R said...

Congrats on starting the blog,Amy. Yeah, it takes a little getting used to (pics and posts going in the reverse order of how you probably want them) but you'll get the hang of it before you know it.

martha Bilski said...

Hi Amy
Nice pinwheels,nice cats, nice chuppa! nice blog:)I may have to get one fer myself soon. I agree with Judy about the camera.Worth its weight in gold.
matha