Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I am about to go start the cooking. Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie Crunch are on the agenda for tonight as is some serious sewing on a novelty star quilt.
Star Fling is the pattern that I am using you can get a free copy here: http://www.pbtex.com/html/free_patterns.html bottom of the page. Mine will have a pink background, funky star points & novelty prints in the centers of the stars. More novelties in a/the border. Gift for my cousin's daughter, I hope to have it done in time for the wedding - so she can have something to lay on, lookat, etc. The same cousin is pregnant again - so I am doing a 30's charm quilt that I hope will end up unisex as we do not know if she is having a boy or girl yet. So I may piece that while working on the stars.
Turkey tomorrow - I am going to try Safeway's two hour turkey recipe. I'll let you know how that turns out on Friday. Finally, we will be having cranberry sauce (whole berry in the can), green beans (plain), and a squash/pototo/yam mash. Wish me luck this is my first year to do it all!

4 comments:

Tropical Screamer said...

You'll do great with the dinner. The less you worry about it the better it will go. Just relax.

We have a joke at my house. I used to worry and fret so about Thanksgiving dinner. I would make myself sick and have a terrible time. Then I just plain gave up one year and thought, "Turn out however you want." It was the best dinner ever. Now when I'm facing something that seems like a big deal, Dear Husband will often say, "Just pretend it's Thanksgiving dinner." I relax and it turns out fine.

Have a good time and I look forward to hearing how great the dinner was. ;)

Aloha,
Darilyn

JudyL said...

Amy: Good luck with the Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure it will be great.

Thanks for the link for the Star Fling pattern. Mine is printing right now.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sharon said...

I haven't heard of the Safeway 2 hour turkey. Be sure to share the tale! I've always used a Reynolds Cooking Bag and my turkey has always gotten raves! No cooking for me this year - going to a retirement center buffet with mom, so I think it should be good!

And btw - thanks for the pattern site. My printer is busily printing off more patterns!

Holly said...

Happy, happy Thanksgiving Amy :) The menu sounds yummy and I know you'll do just fine. Thanks for the pattern link.